School Prevention Programs
Full Of Ourselves: A Wellness Program to Advance Girl Power, Health, and Leadership
At T.H.E. Center, we have a special interest in reaching adolescent girls due to the prevalence of eating disorders among this population.
- Full of Ourselves is a preventative, wellness program meant to develop self-esteem, healthier eating and exercise habits, and leadership and media literacy skills among middle school girls.
- With mini grants, we have been able to implement Full of Ourselves into several middle schools.
- We also provide the training and support for your group to begin this empowering program.
THE Center helps us to promote healthy lifestyles in our school and in our community through small group support for students with eating disorders, educational parent seminars, and a preventative curriculum for middle school students.
— Beth Lindsey, 7th grade counselor, Cane Creek Middle School Recipient of Full Of Ourselves Mini Grant
Interested in Full Of Ourselves?
Healthy Bodies: Teaching Kids What They Need to Know
- Healthy Bodies is a comprehensive curriculum for addressing body image, eating, fitness, and weight concerns in today's challenging environment. This curriculum is for boys and girls in elementary and middle school. The curriculum can easily be adapted for high school. Additional information can be found here: http://bodyimagehealth.org
- If you're a teacher or coach interested in implementing the Healthy Bodies curriculum, please contact email@example.com or 828-337-4685.