Recommended Sources of Support & Resources for Parents
- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders: FEAST
- Online Parent Forum: www.aroundthedinnertable.org
- Definition & criteria of recovery: http://feast-ed.org/TheFacts/DefiningRecovery.aspx.
- Glossary of Eating Disorder Terms: http://glossary.feast-ed.org/
- Eating Disorders & Sports Information: http://feast-ed.org/Resources/EDsandSports.aspx Family Recipe Book Online Version: http://feast-ed.org/Services/RecipeBook.aspx Printable Brochures: http://feast-ed.org/Services/PrintableInfoandBrochures.aspx
Sample College Transition Contract: http://feast-ed.org/TheFacts/SampleCollegeTransitionContract.aspx
Sample Relapse Prevention Contract: http://feast-ed.org/TheFacts/RelapsePreventionContract.aspx
Animated Dialogues/Videos on Important Eating Disorder Recovery Related Topics:
Academy for Eating Disorders: http://www.aedweb.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home
“Critical Points for Early Recognition and Medical Risk Management in the Care of Individuals with Eating Disorders”http://www.aedweb.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Resources_for_Professionals&Template=/CM/Conte ntDisplay.cfm&ContentID=2593
National Eating Disorders Association: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/ Toolkits: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/information-resources/toolkits.php
Position Paper from Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) on "Eating Disorders in Adolescents": http://www.jahonline.org/article/S1054-139X(03)00326-4/fulltext
“Children and Adolescents with Eating Disorders: The State of the Art” from SAHM.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/111/1/e98.full?sid=ad21c056-a043-4fb2-b205-04f1748d7f71 Maudsley Parents Website: Articles, video clips, resources at: http://www.maudsleyparents.org/
Maudsley/FBT Based Treatment Videos: http://www.maudsleyparents.org/videos.html
The New Maudsley Approach Website: A resource for carers of people with eating disorders
Article on "How to put together, and work with, a Non-Maudsley Team” by Harriet Brown at:
Article on “Family-Based treatment of adolescent Anorexia Nervosa: The Maudsley Approach” by Daniel Le Grange, PhD & James Lock, MD, Ph.D.: http://www.maudsleyparents.org/whatismaudsley.html
High Calorie Recipes to provide parents:
Semi-Starvation Article by Dr. David Garner:
EDReferral.com for resources out of state and various colleges, also discussed sharing lists of known providers as we generally don’t know the providers on the website.